Monday, August 07, 2006

Male Head Study

Male Head Study by David R. Darrow 14" x 18" (35.56cm x 45.72cm)
Oil on Canvas Board SOLD Collection of Karen Corwin
Wildwood, MO – USA

About This Painting

This is a study I did in a painting workshop in 2000.

This was the year I decided I was going to go full-time Fine Art, and paint for a living.

As any creative person knows, especially in the visual arts, you have to keep you skills sharp with traditional exercises, and for many painters, the best thing is to paint from life.

This model showed up for the workshop with his hair in a short pony tale, a black leather jacket, and what I can only describe as a "Pirate Shirt." We all stood in a semicircle around him, Classical music playing on the sound system, and painted for the next 3 hours. My vantage point was at his extreme right.

This, and studies like it, get painted with all the enthusiasm and care I would put into any painting, with the caveat being the severe time constraints of a workshop environment.


To subscribe to my free "Art In Your InBox" Newsletter, just click here.

No comments: