Monday, June 05, 2006

New Wool Hat

New Wool Hat by David R. Darrow 7" x 5" (17.78cm x 12.7cm)
Oil on Canvas Panel SOLD Collection of Bruce Grow
San Diego, CA – USA

About This Painting

I wanted to try something looser and more expressive in this small-sized series. I wanted it to feel like paint... no hard edges, gooey, rich paint that makes an image when you stand back, but becomes abstract and full of movement when viewed closely.

Emily's new wool hat made for a perfect subject againt the glaring blue lights in the background.


To subscribe to my free "Art In Your InBox" Newsletter, just click here.

2 comments:

Shawn Escott said...

HEy David, Nice work as always! Your paintings are beautiful!

Deardeedle said...

Nice. I, personally, could never get that "paint dab = total picture thing" when I painted. I am always envious of those that can pull it off. You did that and more. Love the feeling in the subtle shades in the hat and her glasses.