Saturday, June 24, 2006

ebay Money Order Scam / Buy It Now

Just want to give you a heads-up on an eBay scam (that, fortunately, I did NOT fall for). Even if you don't fall for it, it still causes damage, since your item gets "purchased" and you cannot file a claim against the person for 10 days. Besides that, there is the personal damage: a little hit to the ego just after letting it ride high for a little while on the instant sale, plus a lot of lost time. I have detailed it with names and addresses on a permanent page on my Main Site blog. All links within the text work currently, and the eBay-related links should be copied for your own use if you need them later. Here's the link: ebay Money Order Scam

1 comment:

Tom Mayer said...

I am grateful that I did not fall for this, and in fact I cannot determine how the scam is supposed to have worked, but my suspicions were up immediately when I received an odd e-mail related to a painting I recently sold on eBay. I won't paste here that message. I just wonder how we can stop scams...