Sunday, April 16, 2006

Painting Block

No, that doesn't mean I can't think of anything to paint... it means I am painting commissions right now (a good thing) and they are blocking me, time-wise, from painting my Everyday Paintings. I have also filled up parts of my schedule with private art students that have asked "Can you teach me to paint?"

I am fortunate that each of my current students is at least at the intermediate level and have studied painting for some time. I don't think I would have the patience for absolute beginners... It takes several years of commitment and drive to learn to paint... and there is not much I can do for a beginning student other that to send them off to a good Life Drawing school.

Good painting is the castle; good drawing is the foundation. You can't just build a castle anywhere.

Anyway, I should have some new stuff up very soon.

No comments: