Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Warrior

The Warrior by David R. Darrow 7-7/8” x 7-7/8” Oil on Stretched Canvas SOLD Collection of Carlyle Dallas
Farmington, NM – USA

About This Painting

This painting came about in a discussion with the model. He was someone with whom I worked a while back, and he had such an interesting face and build. Given his large size, and wild, long hair, and facial structure, I asked him if he would consider posing for a painting sometime.

Then I dropped the bomb on him: "I kind of see you as a warrior... you know, with a big furry vest on, leather sleeves, a huge turkey leg in one hand..."

To my surprise, he not only agreed to be portrayed that way, he told me that he actually owns all kinds of costumes like I had just described since he paricipates in reenactments.

He was delighted to be painted as a warrior.


To subscribe to my free "Art In Your InBox" Newsletter, just click here.

No comments: