Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lemons and Olive Branches

Lemons and Olive Branches by David R. Darrow 11" x 14" (27.9cm x 35.6cm)
Oil on Gessoed Mahogany Panel
SOLD Collection of Pamela Penner
Encinitas, CA – USA

About This Painting
Completed late last year.
I love the way the color of the objects work with and against each other, each vying for attention, poking in and out of the light. The organic in harmony with the inorganic; symbolic of our lives. The bitter of the lemon with the peace-offering olive branches.
Give and take.
Dark and Light.

To subscribe to my free "Art In Your InBox" Newsletter, just click here.

8 comments:

Justin Clayton said...

Wow! It seems that every part of this painting from values to composition are perfect. Amazing. It reminds me how much there is to be learned about this wonderful craft of ours. Thanks for the inspiration David.

Brian said...

Wow, is right! This is beautiful -fantastic edges and all. Yes indeed, thank you for the inspiration David! I will now go back to my easel and dabble . . .

David Zeggert said...

Mr Darrow- this is a solid piece- thanks for the experience and inspiration-best-D

Anonymous said...

David,
This is Wonderful.....the rich red of the vase complimenting the greens...it is a 'wow' as everyone has said before me.

Shanti Marie said...

I really like this painting. Your right the colors,and the composition has a lot of push/ pull.
btw I got your link up today on both blogs.

Also: I used to live near Monrovia.

Delilah said...

I also give it a wow. In art talk that's as good as it gets

Diana K Gibson said...

Wow, this has big presence! Beautiful, juicy, rich and sumptuous! By no means looks like a small painting. Has the look of a 30 x 36! Fantastic!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Fabulous !!!