Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Anne: A Completed Portrait

Anne - Finished Portrait by David R. Darrow 32" x 40" (81.3cm x 101.6cm)
Oil on Belgian Linen
Not For Sale
Private Collection

About This Painting

It's done!

And with client approval and acceptance I can ship it this week.

I am delighted with the result. It did not "fly off my brush with ease" as these things go with some artists... this has been a lot of work, and I have enjoyed the struggle.

I finished it last night, poured a glass of cabernet sauvignon and toasted my worthy adversary: Portrait of Anne. I have been wrestling with her the better part of a month — not every day, but most days.

She has been a delight to paint. An absolutely lovely face, and a distinctly handsome woman [1] and it was a pleasure to get to know her personally prior to starting this painting.

I am told by her husband Charles, who commissioned this as a symbol of gratitude for the love of his life for their 20th anniversary, that it will hang in the same room in which the reference material was gathered for this painting, in their modest Kansas home.  ◙


To subscribe to my free "Art In Your InBox" Newsletter, just click here.

2 comments:

Paintopolis said...

Really like the way you subdued the background.Sets up the head beautifuly.
-James
http://jamesmartinstudio.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

hi... my name is rayan from india i like ur painting very nice coloring Really i like it
me to artist email : raj_jill28@yahoo.com