Saturday, August 26, 2006

Harbor Angel

Harbor Angel by David R. Darrow 11" x 9-1/2" (27.94cm x 24.13cm)
Oil on Canvas Panel SOLD Collection of Patricia Harris
Ragley, LA – USA

About This Painting

A couple of days ago my wife and I took a side-trip to the Oceanside Harbor to a restaurant next door to the place where we went on our first date. We enjoy this little place, especially during the summer when we can dine outdoors and watch the sun set over the harbor, with all its boats, and incoming fishing expeditions and all the salty characters that hit land again, boasting away with their fish tales.

I always try to remember my camera when I go... you never know where the inspiration for my next Everyday Painting will come from.

This sweet, little angel sat at the table next to us. She was so inquisitive and chatty. She was asking so many questions of everyone around her, and her eyes were intent on her mother almost the entire time.

Her telling, big, blue eyes were punctuated by her constantly raised eyebrows... as if she was in a permanent state of wonder.

As we were getting ready to leave, her grandma was suggesting all the places they could go over the next week: Wild Animal Park, Legoland, Sea World. Her eyes were ablaze with anticipation and excitement — but not as big around as they got when we stood to leave and I said, "That sounds great! Can I go with you?"

She looked at her mom instantly as if to ask, "Is he serious?"


To subscribe to my free "Art In Your InBox" Newsletter, just click here.

2 comments:

"van Vliet" Art Blog said...

Seems to me with a face like hers she is going to tell alot of guys to "Get serious pal!" David, you have done a nice job capturing of her expression.

Christina said...

You seem to really relate to children, your ability to translate from photo to paint is excellent.
C