Monday, February 20, 2006

My Funny Valentine

My Funny Valentine by David R. Darrow 7" x 5" (17.78cm x 12.7cm)
Oil on Panel SOLD Collection of Jolie Elman
Glendora, CA – USA

About This Painting

Every year for as long as I can remember, my wife has gotten me a valentine from the "funny section" of the card racks. No mushball she.

This year, to my delight, she added a heart-shaped, Mrs. Fields Cookie Bar with gooey frosting. One way to make it last longer: do a portrait of it.

My friend, artist Mick McGinty, asked me if the cookie "made it to the end of the painting," admitting that he fell to his appetite when painting a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I was proud to tell him that yes, it did, since if I needed a new one to finish some detail, it was going to be difficult to run out and get another at that late hour in which I finished the painting.

To the best of my recollection, this is the first model I have consumed upon completion of a portrait. ;-)


To subscribe to my free "Art In Your InBox" Newsletter, just click here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have some wonderful work here! I'm not much of an art purchaser, but I did want to let you know I enjoyed your work!