Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Distracted

Distracted by David R. Darrow 14" x 11" (35.6cm x 27.9cm)
Oil on Canvas Panel
SOLD Collection of L. Grace
San Diego, CA – USA

About This Painting

My daughter is one of my favorite models.

Every now and again I see her face in a certain light... the highlights glancing off her cheekbones in some way, or the pattern of the shadows bringing out her natural beauty...

In this case, I happened to catch her looking simply beautiful while she was watching a fascinating show on TV... while I messed with the lights she kept her eyes on the story from which I could not steal her.  ◙


To subscribe to my free "Art In Your InBox" Newsletter, just click here.

3 comments:

JIMMY LONGACRE said...

Hi, David. I'm a regular follower of your blog. Knowing full well that you've been "tagged" by now, since I'm sure I was the last, I'm letting you know that I listed you on my blog as one of the five folks I've chosen to tag. I'm a great admirer of your art and witty commentary. Thanks, for all you put into it!

Anonymous said...

I am delighted to be the owner of "Distracted". I also have "Bethany in Green". The story that ties them together is so touching. They make a beautiful pair! The paintings are so full of life and character that sometimes I think they have just said something to me! It is a blessing to have these two paintings. Thank you, David, for your wonderful art!
-Lora

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Superb work !!