Saturday, June 12, 2010

Adjusting

Well, about 9 days after my previous post, Teresa, my wife of 7 years and constant companion for 10 years informed me of her strong desire to be free from the marriage and found a place to live by herself.

Three weeks later, on March 31, our rented house was empty and I hit the road in a U-Haul, trucking my belongings to San Jose, CA where I am currently living in my brother's vacant home while I adjust to the sudden move and all the 'stuff' that comes with such events.

Making up beautiful paintings, it turns out, requires a certain peace of mind that I have not enjoyed since this major change, so Everyday Paintings is on temporary hold [hopefully], while I focus on commissioned work and rest.

Bear with me. This has not been easy.

4 comments:

Terry Krysak said...

Our thoughts are with you Dave, difficult times to be sure.

We miss visiting with you every week, and hope that things get better soon.

Keep well.

Figmentoria said...

Sorry to hear that Dave, and I hope your peace of mind finds it's way back to you soon.

David R. Darrow said...

Thanks.

Still just shaking my head in disbelief.

hissnhowl said...

I'm so very sorry. Wish I could think of some really wise words that would instantly turn your life around for the better... unfortunately I suspect that time is the only thing that will make the hurt and bewilderment fade...hang in there.